Super Serious Internet Interview with Max Booth III
Interview by Christoph Paul
1) Did you get into writing to redeem your great great great grandfather who killed this country’s most beloved ugly president?
I got into writing with the goal of killing more presidents.
2) You have been very critical of anthologies paying in signed photographs. Why do you hate photography, Max?
Photographs don’t make any sense. They don’t even move.
3) Are signed photographs Bitcoins for shitty writers?
Ask James Ward Kirk, he’s the expert.
4) How long have you been publishing books for Civil Coping Mechanism?
Do I look like I smoke cigars, motherfucker?
\m/ \m/ \m/
5) You are under 25 but love nu-metal. Were you beat up by 1999 preps who are also time lords?
No, that sounds illogical.
6) You have a story in the upcoming anthology, Tragedy Queens: Stories Inspired by Lana Del Rey and Sylvia Plath, that will edited by my lovely fiancé. Have you fucked your way to top, and if so would that make me a cuck?
I have not fucked my way to the top and my pussy does not taste like Pepsi Cola. More Diet Coke, if anything.
7) I once dated a girl named Maxine. She worked at Wendy’s and she was awful, I’m glad I broke up with her.
Big goddamn mistake, pal. You could be having free baconator fries every night.
8) If you write a sequel of How to Successfully Kidnap Stranger, can you base a writer character after me that other writers will know it’s me and laugh and make fun of me behind my back?
I have an idea of turning that book into an ongoing series called Shitheads and I’ve even planned a character out for you. So, yes.
9) Fuck, Kill, Marry: Stephen King, Richard Bachman, & Joe Hill?
This is tough question. Well, Richard Bachman is already dead, so obviously I’d fuck him. There’s no way I could ever kill my father, Stephen King, so I’d have to end Joe’s life, which leaves me with marrying SK. Obviously.
10 What are you writing now and what do you have to plug?
I am writing the answers to this terrible interview and I am plugging this goddamn patreon like some piece of shit: https://www.patreon.com/pmmpublishing
Also I’m on Twitter @GiveMeYourTeeth. I probably won’t follow you back, though.
Max Booth III is the author of four novels. His mom has read at least one of them. He’s the Editor-in-Chief of Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing and an ongoing columnist at Litreactor.com. He works as a hotel night auditor in a small town outside San Antonio, TX. Follow him on Twitter @GiveMeYourTeeth and visit him at www.talesfromthebooth.com.
Christoph Paul is an award-winning humor author. He writes non-fiction, YA, Bizarro, horror, and poetry including: The Passion of the Christoph, Great White House Volume 1 and Volume 2, Slasher Camp for Nerd Dorks, and Horror Film Poems, and A Confederacy of Hot Dogs. He is an editor for CLASH Media and CLASH Books and edited the anthologies Walk Hand in Hand Into Extinction: Stories Inspired by True Detective and This Book Ain’t Nuttin to F*%k With: A Wu-Tang Tribute Anthology. Under the pen name Mandy De Sandra, he writes Bizarro Erotica that has been covered in VICE, Huffington Post, Jezebel, and AV Club. He is represented by Veronica Park at Corvisiero Literary Agency.